This Disappears When Logged In

rat snake

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by furryscaly, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hey! This was soooo cool! This morning we were doing a wing run for PC (Physical Conditioning). Well, anyway, the run was almost over when my herp-cathicg eyes spotted a small coiled snake on the side of the path. After PC I came bck to it to discover that it was a juvie great plains rat snake. So cool! He was light gray with brick red markings and was only about the size of a garter snake. I wish I could've caught him to take a picture, but there were too many witnesses and I'd get in a lot of trouble for even touching it. They had to call in a guy with gloves to move him off the path, even though I told them what it was and that it was harmless. I even volunteered to move him myself, since it was too cold for the snake to move much. Humph, nobody listens to me! Anyway, it really made my day seeing him cause the only snakes I'd ever seen in the wild before were garter snakes and a few prairie rattlers. We just don't have many snakes in ND, and none of them are rat snakes!

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

That is so cool Matt!! I am so jealous! I can't wait to get out in the summer up on the moors and look for adders! I can't believe you couldn't get pics!!!

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.