This Disappears When Logged In

Ran Across This Article... What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by trappen, May 9, 2014.

1. trappen

trappen Elite Member

2. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

Very interesting. Since the snake was already in a zoo that was probably not taking proper care for the animal, I would say that it was probably in better care in the hands of someone willing to take such risk and spend so much money. I'm sure that was one pampered boa. Taking the offspring back seems kind of odd. They would just end up back in a zoo- pure white boas wouldn't fair well in the wild.

3. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

I agree with every thing Exojoe said. But I don't see why they would want to take the offspring of this "one of a kind" snake. If there is only one, who knows how long till another one is found..? So why not breed it, and have more. Does that make sense? That's just my opinion.

4. MrsSmith88

MrsSmith88 Member

Apparently the zoo itself was privately owned so why shouldn't they have the right to sell the boa to whom ever the like?

5. dilljone

dilljone New Member

Very very interesting indeed. Absolutely amazing what people will go through for their herps!

6. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Fascinating story, beautiful snake. Should be made into a documentary type movie that focuses on conservation of endangered species, smuggling etc.