This Disappears When Logged In

Racks?

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by jshrad, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

I am interested in breeding beardies but I would like to know how to house several of them in a smaller area. Can you place beardies in racks? Or would I just custom build an enclosure to house several?

Thanks.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

You cant house multiple dragons in a smaller enclosure,,,the minimum amount of space for 2 adult dragons is a 40 gallon breader. You cannot place beardies in racks, they require a large amount of space, they need a heated basking end and a cool end and in a small enclosure will not provide that adequately.

3. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Im aware that they need quite a bit of space as adults I was just not sure about the racks. How do you house your dragons?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

I keep multiple (3) 40 breeders and then I have 2 custom made enclosures 4h x 4 L x 2w.

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Marsha,
    My husband agreed to more beardies :D! Could you please share a picture of you cages? I'm not looking to expand until this spring but I want to work on cage set-up ahead of time (get those shop students busy). I guess you could say I've fallen for them.:)

6. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Venus sent me cage pics earlier yesterday. If its ok with her I'll PM them to you.

7. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I cheat... I pick up an old chest freezer at least 14 cu ft, remove the top, and put in about 6" of play sand and have my colony enclosure. In the house though, I have 50 gal breeding aquariums for our 3 colder months.

8. venus

venus Founding Member

Here ya go just incase they didnt get email.

This is one I picked up for 150.00
    [​IMG]

This is one that my *@!*&% made, lol.
    [​IMG]

9. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

also how can you get uv lighting into a rack system :p

10. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I think I got this figured out;) I'm going to get my husband a new dresser for his birthday. I can use the old dresser frame for a cage and just add glass to the front. Marsha how did you heat the bottom? I see a light for basking. Sorry for all the questions.

11. venus

venus Founding Member

No problem Colleen. I dont heat the bottom of my tanks, my beardies never lay down there, lol. The only time I will use bottom heat is when i have one that is not eating well, then I just take them out of the tank at night and put them into a sterilite tub with a heating pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.