This Disappears When Logged In

R. Dennysi Experience Anyone?

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by 0Amy0, Nov 12, 2013.

1. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a Vietnamese Blue Tree Frog in the next 6 months or so. One of the local pet stores breeds them pretty regularly, so I know that I can get a captive bred. My biggest concern used to be that most of this species were wild caught for a while. I am unsure of the temperament of these frogs, do they tend to be shy like RETF's? I know they don't like to be handled, but I do not typically handle my frogs as it is. I just don't think that I'd be happy with a frog that spends all of its time hiding when I'm in the room. Do they do well housed in multiples? I think I'd be happiest with a male/female pair, so that if I ever chose to take on breeding in the future, I would have the option with them.

I have been reading about these for over a year now, wanting a couple, but the temperament seems to be the most difficult to find experience on. I have purposely avoided RETF's even though they're beautiful, because I want to actually be able to see my frogs. My gray tree frogs are very sociable and will eat from my hands, I don't expect another breed of frog to be like that, but I would like to be able to see it!

2. Poison

Poison Elite Member

In my experience (with WC specimens) they are a shy species. Often times out of view hiding behind foilage if provided (which should be). They are pretty active at night though. The majorityo f tree frog species do well in groups no matter on gender.

3. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I figured they would be shy. I have really wanted them for a while now though, so I think it's time to start building a new viv and let myself get them :)