This Disappears When Logged In

Question On My Enclosure

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Zachwood, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Zachwood

Zachwood Well-Known Member

Alright this is our buddy Rollo made a few good steps today he ate some dark green mix out of our hand but he is still skidish and very defensive was wanting any suggestions or improvemoents that i could make on enclosure im thinking msybe a ladder cause he seems to stay up top alot but this might b because it is not warm enough everywere else working on getting thermometers to regulate and see wat temp is so any help or suggestions would b great thank u

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Instead of a ladder I would add more vertical branches. You have a lot of unusable space at this point.
    I would suggest that the wide end of the branch be at least twice as big around as the igs body.
    Sounds like you are making progress. Keep in mind that every time you change things around it will upset him a bit. But he will get over it. Getting housing and husbandry lined out is the priority.

3. Zachwood

Ok so i am thinkin that would b better too now do i need to go out and buy the expensive reptile branches or can i search out my own

4. Zachwood

So how would b the best means of producing hummidity enough in his enclosure be should i get a humidifier on a timer but then again how would i run it into enclosure or should i b thinkin more expensive like a reptifogger

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I can`t see properly in the photo, is the front clear glass or screen?
    You can use branches from outside, no need to buy them.
    What type and wattage is the basking bulb, and what`s the surface temp of the basking object?
    EDIT: It`s o.k, I think it`s a solid glass front which is fine.
    If you put a small aquarium heater (50w?) in the water container (heat to approx. 80F or so) it would help create a decent amount of humidity, much cheaper than using a humidifier.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    AmityReptiles likes this.
  6. Zachwood

Ok question on the aquarium heater do u think my ig will mess with it at all dont want him to hurt himself

7. Zachwood

And i being put into the tub its a plastivmc tub shouldnt have any problems cause it only will b heating to like 85 right or should i chsnge it