This Disappears When Logged In

Question About Eye Coloring

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Atroxus, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Atroxus

Atroxus Active Member

I have a female super pastel ball python which my son named Curly. I have had her for about 6 months but today just noticed that her eyes are not all one color. There is a dark strip through the center of each eyeball that lines up with the eye stripes on her scales. The upper portion of her eyes is a green with yellow tint, the lower portion seems more yellow with green tint. Anyone know if this type of eye coloration is common, uncommon or rare?

Curly_eye.jpg

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

This is normal. They do have pretty eyes though don't they? Every one is different.

Atroxus likes this.
  3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

They do come up with some great colours and patterns on snakes.
    That one does have a remarkable looking face pattern.

Atroxus likes this.
  4. Atroxus

Atroxus Active Member

Thanks. I had never paid close attention to eye color before though. I have loved reptiles since I was a kid, and back in the mid 90s I had a small collection of exotic pets including emperor scorpions, a rainbow skink, a savannah monitor, and a very large red-tailed boa named Cuddles that I inherited from my Aunt, but I had to re-home them when I moved to an apartment that didn't allow pets. :( Then I met/fell in love with my wife who was terrified of reptiles and was totally against getting any, until about a year ago she finally caved and let me get our son a bearded dragon.(years of patience finally paid off) :)

My wife now has a male banana ball python as well named Loki that I got her for Christmas. His eyes are solid black though, which is why I was curious about Curly's eye color. I am thinking in a couple years I am going to try breeding them together. They should make some really cool looking babies.

They are both only about 150grams each currently, but are both feeding well on live mice. I am going to see if I can get them to start taking pre-killed though as Loki got bitten by a feeder mouse recently. It was pretty minor injury, but it upset my wife quite a bit. I will try posting a pic of Loki as well when I get home tonight.

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Congratulations and welcome back to the hobby then. And converting your wife no less, bravo! ;) I have noticed that the pastel/super pastel bps have especially cool eyes. And she's definitely a gorgeous one!

Atroxus likes this.
  6. Atroxus

Atroxus Active Member

Oh here is that pic of Loki that I promised, though a bit late. :)

shell_loki1.png

7. Atroxus

Atroxus Active Member

Here is a couple more pics of Curly as well. :)

curly.jpg curly_skull.jpg