This Disappears When Logged In

Pyramids

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by TitoAndKatt, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

So over the summer I really want to build some little Egyptian pyramids as Hides for my Leopard Gecko tank. I want to make one of those cut-out type deals though where I can still see them when they are sleeping (I'll keep it far enough from the glass to avoid any pinching of tails or limbs) but I have no clue how to go about building one. I was thinking about clay. Any ideas? :)

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What do you mean by "cut out type deals"?

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I think she means the ones that have the hide that is on the inside and sticks to the side by magnet to the other side out of the cage that you can move to see on the inside.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ah, the infamous tail destroyer! lol If you are going to make something like that, just make a half shell enclosure and then tape a piece of paper or cloth over the other side on the outside of the tank. You can then peek in whenever you want without any risk of injury and the leo has his privacy. The best of both worlds!

Clay would work just fine so long as it is baked and then sealed.

5. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

I got one of those peak a boo hide things, I used weather stripping to make it not hit so hard.

6. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thanks guys. I made the pyramid a little slanted and I keep it towards the back of the cage anyways rather than against the glass. There is a little shelf and a little cavern so she can still hide. I made a Sphinx hide too with a dish for calcium between its paws. :) I posted some pics somewhere...

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are they Egyptian leopard geckos Kitty? ( I hope they aren`t illegal immigrants... ( BIG trouble). I take it you don`t like the "natural look" in their enclosures!! (But so long as you and they are healthy and "happy", it really doesn`t matter! ;)

8. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Neat Idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.