This Disappears When Logged In

Pygmy Chameleons Care And Start Up

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by conic92, Mar 31, 2015.

1. conic92

conic92 Member

So I myself have had other reptiles and lizards but they were all geckos. I am now looking into expanding my pets. I really like the look of the pygmy chameleons and have always wanted a chameleon. I am curious as to what is needed for them. I've read they are more terrestrial than say other chameleons but what would be an appropriate sized terrarium and what other needs would they have. I.e. humidity, housing and feeding.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Good choice. I've always found them pretty cool myself.
    The biggest thing from what I've seen is to still provide adequate humidity for them like most Chameleons.
    For their smaller size I would look at using a enclosure that's more sealed off to keep the humidity higher.
    Misting is recommended for them. However, most Cham setups that I've seen only keep humidity at proper levels for less than an hour. After misting, it quickly escapes through the screen into the room.
    I'm thinking that perhaps because of the smaller size that a screen habitat might not be required.

3. Lizz

Lizz Well-Known Member

4. conic92

conic92 Member

Thank you for your rely, I have yet to buy one but I am trying to get all my information right.

Lizz likes this.
  5. Lizz

Lizz Well-Known Member

Your welcome, I wasn't sure if you were still visiting the site at this point.
    That is definitely the best way to go. Getting all the info before getting the pet.

6. conic92

conic92 Member

Yea I couldn't agree more. I did the same thing before I got my fat tail gecko, hahaha, and he couldn't be fatter.