This Disappears When Logged In

Pueblan milksnakes

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by ReptileMan27, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReptileMan27

ReptileMan27 Elite Member

Anyone have any pueblans or any milks?. I love milks because they are alot more docile then kings and just awesome colubrids.

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Every one that i've ever touched has musked me :(
    But I think they're a very pretty snake!

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Milksnakes are actually a species of kingsnake. Kingsnakes are all species of the genus Lampropeltis. The milksnake is Lampropeltis triangulum. The different types of milksnakes are all subspecies of that one species. I don't have any though.

4. ReptileMan27

Yea I know they are in the same family but kings are more aggressive then milks and milks tend to be more nervous but very rarely if ever bite. Mine has never once bitten or tryed to bite me.

5. Andy_G

Andy_G Active Member

The most popular milks...honduran milks...as very young animals, they prefer biting over musking, they are like little pitbulls with rabies haha. I prefer the bites over musk as well...nothing like washing your hands 5 times and still smelling like snake excretions.

6. ReptileMan27

The most popular milk is probly Sinoloans(probly spelled worng lol). My freind has bred hondurans,sinoloans,and pueblans and has never been bitten by them. Eastern milks are a different story though lol.

7. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Sorry to bring up an old topic. But I just saw it. I recently got a pueblan and I love it. I love anything from Lampropeltis so don't judge them by my opinion ;) lol. I'm getting an apricot at the next show(My one now is a sockhead I believe). Now that my tortoise is outside for the most part of the year and has outgrown her enclosure for when she comes in, I have decided to convert it to a small sort of rack system. It will be divided into 4 seperate units and will be only a few square inches less than a 20 gallon tank. Hope I don't get so obsessed with them that I buy those monster huge things from freedombreeder.

8. lee

lee Elite Member

i got a apricot pueblan
    pics are in herp photos :)

9. LdyDrgn

LdyDrgn Member

We currently have 1.2 Apricot and 1.1 normal Pueblans...the only milksnakes we have, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.