This Disappears When Logged In

protein

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by dcboas, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcboas

dcboas Elite Member

I am realizing that feeders are getting expensive!!!I would like to raise my own rodents ,mostly rats,and would like to know what is the best food for them.I what high protein and an idea of where Icould get some.Thanks

2. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

Feeders can be a pain in the rear to raise your self. My reccomendation to you is to go to www.rodentpro.com and buy frozen from them.

Frozen is better on your animals, and less painful on the pocketbook.

Paul

3. dameon

dameon New Member

I have a BP and a RTB and i raise rats for them. It is much cheaper, i pay about 26 dollars every 2 months for food. All though they do reproduce every month i always have an ample supply of food on hand. As Lord_Jason said it is better to feed f/t and when the babies get to a certain size you can just pop em in the freezer and allways have food on hand. i feed my rats Sunscribtion it comes in a 25 lb bag. And i am not sure of the protein but you can by it at most pet stores. If not in stock they can order it.

4. dcboas

dcboas Elite Member

I almost started my rodent husbandry yesterday but my wife convinced me we are not set up for it ,yet.So the fat little buggers are digesting as I type.All gone ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.