This Disappears When Logged In

Proof That Some People Are Just Jerks

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Merlin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I read that article over on FB. It is horrible how many people aim for them like that.

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's amazing how sad that story is!! Someone delibertly hit my dog, the neigbors kid watched the truck speed up and swerve to hit him...
    I have only ever killed birds with my Van, only because they flew infront of me.

4. katie41586

katie41586 Elite Member

So sick. It's cruel enough not to stop for it, but to deliberately hit it? I don't understand how people can be so evil and how as a society we can permit this evil.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

This is sickening. Wyldrose, someone swerving to hit a dog intentionally?! I mean don't get me wrong, aiming for turtles makes me want to vomit in and of itself but deliberately being able to hit a large animal that's kept as a pet is disturbing. It can damage your car. God forbid if someone for some reason did this at night and mistook a child for a dog...I shudder just thinking about it.

6. justor

justor Elite Member

It's probably happened at least once...

7. justor

justor Elite Member

I remember not too long ago I was driving home after leaving my dads house (he lives in a recently finished suburban development surrounded on all sides by prestine desert habitat), and the street was blocked by a bicyclist who was protecting a rattlesnake as it was crossing the street. That was something I had never seen somebody do, and it really gave me a sense of hope. I know the number of people who would have run it over intentionally far outweigh the number of people who would go out of their way to ensure its safety, but it was nice to see at least one person doing the right thing and not being a typical ignorant snake-hater. If only there were more people like that...

8. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

The article while disturbing isn't all that surprising, a lot of people just have a disregard for anything living but them. Sometimes people are appalling.

9. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

Some people are just plain cruel to animals. Our society needs a turtle bridge or something!