This Disappears When Logged In

Probably No Biggie

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by TxSpoon, Oct 26, 2010.

1. TxSpoon

TxSpoon Member

It's been a week and a few days since I fed Dexter, only reason I didn't on the usual day is because he was going into shed. Now it been a few days past shed and he hasn't lost it all. It's real patchy right now. His head and about three inches down are just fine, but the rest is still sketchy. I only worry because all of his sheds since last January have been full or close to full. Temps are good, feeding is always just fine. Let it play out and feed him in the next few days or not? He's definitely not unhappy and very active but hasn't lost the rest. Also upped the humidity a few days ago and keep his large water bowl full every day. Worry or not? That is the question.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

go ahead and use the pillowcase trick and get the remainder of the shed off, then feed.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

you can often avoid bad shed by increasing the humidity in the cage when your snake is about to shed their skin. Some of my snakes are pretty finicky about it, so I take out hides, until they only have a damp hide.

5. TxSpoon

TxSpoon Member

Thanks everyone, I figured it would be something along those lines. I'll do the pillow case trick tonight and get him on the right track!

6. TxSpoon

TxSpoon Member

Well, checked this morning and he completed his shed! He looked pretty happy about it too. Thanks for the advice, next time i think i'll put some damp sphagnum moss in his larger hide and up the humidity.

dexter2.jpg

dexter1.jpg

Attached Files:

7. mld

What a gorgeous snake Dexter is,:x, If I knew he was that gorgeous I would have mentioned that I can take him off your hands for a while.;)

8. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow - Dexter is really beautiful!!! Very glad he managed to shed for you! Thank you for sharing pictures :)

9. ThayeriLvr

ThayeriLvr Member

Dexter is really beautiful! If he needs a new home, send him here :)

10. mld

I think I have first dibs on her! ;)