This Disappears When Logged In

Prefered herp?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rakoladycz, Oct 31, 2004.

?

Prefered herp

1. Snake

45 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Lizard/Salamander

67 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. toad/frog

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. turtle/tortoise

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I see what you were meaning to ask, something I often wonder myself.

I went for lizards, cause thats all I've taken care of.

2. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

lizards but I do like turtles

3. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

So there I was.. Searching for the Crocodilian section and much to my surprise...

4. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

I voted lizards....more specifically the monitors

5. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I considered the Alligators and crocs but then there is only a very few who do have those and really they are just large lizards...

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hey! No they're not!
    Crocodilia= crocs, gators, caimans, gavials
    Squamata= snakes, lizards, amphisbaenids

lol, sorry, gotta support the alligators! :p

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Boy did I see THAT one coming! LOL! ;)

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hey, I can occasionally let things slide (ok, VERY occasionally :p), but crocodilians have few in common with lizards aside from the fact that they're both reptiles and have similar shapes to their bodies. LOL, I admit, I really can't help myself sometimes :rolleyes:

9. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Ok... i wont argue it because i sense that i will loose by a great amount.... sniff... sniff... my poll was a failure.... sniff... lol

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, aw, no offense :p I'm too technical sometimes......ok, all the time :rolleyes:

11. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

i love snakes,when i was younger my mom would not let me have one,but now i`m all grown up i can have all the snakes i want

12. Beardie's rule

Beardie's rule New Member

I have to say beardies are the best because of their personality. They really seem to be interested in you even when you dont have any crickets for them. LOL

However I think all animals rock!

13. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

My vote is definately for snakes. Lizards and even turtles are cool, but there is just something about snakes that I love. :D

14. SpeacilK

SpeacilK Elite Member

well i voted lizards. i can't live without my beardies.

15. HerpBabe448

HerpBabe448 Well-Known Member

I cant pick a favorite. I like Geckos, Beardies, Boas, and Pythons. I could never pick a favorite. They are all awesome, but my favorite lizard is my CG, and I like Cupid my BP. I like all my reps though.

16. Moldypotato

Moldypotato Elite Member

I would really love a varanid. Specifically a savannah monitor. The only problem is that they eat so much every day! If I were only allowed to have one herp I would probably pick a monitor. Only then I could probably afford his/her needs.

17. wing

wing Active Member

i have alwase been a person for snakes. i gess its just because i grew up around them.

18. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

well i guess i'll be a minority here and just say that i chose the lizard/salamander option. Even though lizards and caudates are harder tp care for than a snake, they present much more personality to me and don't just sit there all the time. My beardy climbs, runs, jumps, w/e, which to me, makes it not only a great observatory animal, but a tolerant holdable animal. They are so sweet, and i don't have to feed them mice (which i have no patience for and no desire to feed my animals mice)

If i were able to make a second choice, it would be frogs. I just love dart frogs, tree frog, toads, w/e i love them all. something about them just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, especially when you see that cute, warty face. It just makes you want to hug it and squeeze it, and never let it go! lol

19. iturnrocks

iturnrocks Elite Member

My pref is definitely snake. So easy to take care of. Of course Im sure there are some difficult species, I prefer to keep it simple.

20. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Snakes all the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.