This Disappears When Logged In

Possible Male & Female

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus' started by Frognut, May 26, 2010.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

**snort** no it's not -- LOL!

They do interact with each other in the wild to breed only. If I kept them together they would be constantly breeding which is very stressful for the female. I never intended to breed any of my critters, which is why I tried to be careful about what sex I was getting.

Maintaining a healthy breeding female and dealing with the eggs has a lot more responsibility - and possibility of problems for the health of the female. Since I don't want to breed, I don't want the extra risk.

Although --IF she is does drop fertile eggs based on their time together before the separation... we can talk :)

2. Panda

Panda Member

Sounds good froggy nut. At least your not completely getting rid of one of geckos, and your trying handle them both.

3. Frognut

I couldn't possibly get rid of either one... what's a Heebie without a Jeebie?!?!? ;)
    I would break down and set them up in totally separate tanks if I had to - that just wasn't sounding all that fun (especially after just buying that tank!)

They seem to be doing okay - they are eating and pooping like normal. No weird behavior (other than their normal weird behavior, that is... :rolleyes:)

4. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I don't think they could live in your house without being weird in some way! ;)

5. Frognut

hmmmm... you got a point there...:rolleyes: LOL!

6. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Aren't they siblings too? That would be another reason not to want them to breed...

Glad to hear that you have it all worked out. One of these days your gonna get a critter that lets you sit back and just enjoy it. ;)

7. Frognut

Oh, yeah! That's another reason... didn't even think of that one.:eek:

*snort* Now why would I want a critter that just lets me enjoy it without changing sex, tries to bite my finger off, goes into hibernation, wants to be hand fed.... there is just no fun in that!! ROFL!!!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes,.... we wouldn't want you to get bored!:D

9. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Good grief no! She might start trying to knock herself unconscious again!