This Disappears When Logged In

Poor man's indigo

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by jacky, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I'm in big trouble with my addiction to snakes,because now that I have my two corns home save I now fell in love with the mexican black kingsnake!It just doesn't stop! :eek:
    Does anybody have this beautiful animal? It's also called the poor man's indigo,which is kind of cute!
    Someday........! :D

2. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

We have some black kings..there is also a black milk though that is born tri-colored like normal milks, and then turns solid black as it grows older and such. I have a pic of one of the black kings posted in the king forum.

3. VAsnakeman

VAsnakeman Member

Jacky, I would look into black rat snakes. They are very similar, and are readily available. Not to mention less expensive....

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I have a black striped king, he used to be quite agressive but is now very calm, they are a gorgeous snake, but can be nippy and musk a lot, although mine hasnt musked me in ages now, he seem to have a personality change over night.

my albino kind still musks me though :p and tail rattles at me :)

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

there used to be a black kingsnake at my old job that someone gave us. very beautiful. the first day we got him in he bit me. but after he settled in he was a little nippy in the tank but once you got him out he wasn't so bad. he was about 4 1/2 feet and a wonderful eater. :) very beautiful snake. strong grip, solid black and shiny scales.

6. iturnrocks

iturnrocks Elite Member

Black Rat Snake found wild in Kansas on 04/10/05
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.