This Disappears When Logged In

Please Help Need Advice On Bumation For Ackie Monitor

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Mark Riding, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Mark Riding

Mark Riding Member

Been searching the web and I can not find any advise on cooling down my ackie . What temp ? For how long? Ideal Weights prior to cooling? . Feeding hints. Please advise me

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, there is absolutely no need to brumate the monitor, you should offer "optimal" conditions year round.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Not sure where you got the idea to do this but it is incorrect. They do not need it, nor would it be a good idea to try for this species, likely very bad actually.

murrindindi likes this.
  4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Just for the of asking, can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure and give details of the conditions? Thanks!

5. Mark Riding

Mark Riding Member

Hi thanks for all your reply soon but I was under the understanding that i needed to cool them down prior to breeding r

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

No, they don't need a cooling down period. But I did like to drop my night time temps to room temperature.

7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Yeah, mine had no issues trying to breed. And most of my animals go down to room temp at night, but that is 73° in my house.

8. Mark Riding

Mark Riding Member

Thank you all for your speedy response as a relatively new reptile keeper it is very reassuring to have reliable advise as I have found the internet is full of conflicting information.

9. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It is hard to find good info for sure. But I can safely say the 3 of us commenting on this thread have lots of monitor experiences. We also are much older than the average 13 yr old know it all :) Well I am anyway.

Darkbird, AmityReptiles and Merlin like this.