This Disappears When Logged In

Please Help I'm Worried About My Ball Python!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by XxTylerxX, Aug 31, 2017.

1. XxTylerxX

XxTylerxX New Member

I just got a new ball python from someone else 2 weeks ago, She's about 8 years old and I'm worries because if I pick her up, move her, or let her move around on my bed she whistles a lot and I'm worried it could be an IR please give me advice.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Have you noticed any other symptoms of an RI, like excess mucous or anything? Sometimes a snake that is nearing a shed will have the scales around the nostrils loosen so that it partially blocks the airway and this can sometimes result in a whistle. Also, what kind of temps and humidity are you keeping it in, general setup info will help us determine if there are any issue that could lead to an RI.

3. ToothPick Reptiles

ToothPick Reptiles New Member

as always I am not a pro and would recomend taking your snake to the vet, if you dont have the money to get it checked out try to locate a reptile specific store, a good one that I go to alot is "scales and tails" you can ask them about the situation. my best advice would be to check inside the mouth to see if its an abnormal color or if it has red spots to see if there is anything there that can lead to clue to what it may be... check the heat and humidity to see if its not accurate, you can make adjustments like placing a wet cloth over the top of the cage, if needed. if your in a terrarium I strongly advise moving over to a tub.

good luck

4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Checking for mouthrot won't tell you if your snake has an RI. Lol.

As previously mentioned, please include as many details as possible so we can rule this out.

That being said, I have a very vocal python that often hisses every time I move her. Could that possibly be the whistling? If she only does it when you are disturbing her it could just be vocalization.