This Disappears When Logged In

Plans for an App??

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SonnysDragonS, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcfwesker

hcfwesker Elite Member

You have nothing to apologize for. Just a little miscommunication that got escalated, is all. You are in no way the cause of anything not related to the topic.

I'm here for the same exact reasons, cause I don't know jack about reptile care; but learning a great deal from experienced owners here. But, as a successful forum/site owner myself, I do have valuable info to offer in that regards, but the simple little statement I made, and the reaction I got, is just a little unsettling, and prevents me from wanting to really show where I can help.

I don't want to get scorned, but a mobile device theme is actually pretty simple to custom make, I've done it for my site. It can be as easy as replicating another theme's files and limiting what actually does display to compensate for a mobile devices load time. What really hinders load time on mobile devices is the over loading of images, which on this site, there's not to many unless you're in a post with a sizable amount of posted pics.

If a custom built app is being made for HCN then, yes, that is VERY GOOD news, and I'm sure members will be patient until it's released to the public. It still would have been good info to have from the first response, by the admin/owner.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Actually Rich, like myself, uses that to infer that it really isn't that big a deal and should not be taken out of context.
    One of the problems with written internet posts is that sometimes they do not come across quite the way that they are intended. Therefore we use the LOL to soften any possible misinterpretations.
    I have known Rich a very long time and trust me when I tell you that if he was really intending to be sarcastic or cynical there would be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that that was what was going on.
    And it only comes out when it is rightfully deserved.
    Now!
    Lets get back to our regularly scheduled program! LOL!;)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you read my first response in this thread, it states:

You didn't have to post anything because I already said I have apps for HC. You said yourself that you didn't like people looking at me like I was a god which is why you posted. (Which alone is just weird because the average person would have blown that off and not felt a desire to post anything.)

I don't care if you own or have owned websites. I don't care that you think I should have explained what apps I have. I stated I have apps and that is all anyone needs to know until I opt to release them. I didn't even need to announce that! Get off your high horse already and move on. You sound like an egotistical webmaster who thinks they have all the answers. (Which you clearly don't.) You read more into my post than what was needed and you completely blew the responses people left to my post out of proportion. I responded thoroughly to your post in my previous message and you choose not to address that. Whatever, move on. This is closed. If you have anything you wish to add, pm me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.