This Disappears When Logged In

Planning for Second Snake

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by giveuptheghost, Nov 7, 2013.

1. giveuptheghost

giveuptheghost Well-Known Member

I haven't posted here in awhile, but now that I've finally moved, I can start planning on getting snake number 2! Currently, I have a Brazilian rainbow boa (just turned 2). He's a total sweetie! Back when I was originally deciding what snake to get, I had narrowed it down to a BRB or a JCP. So I'm thinking I'll get a JCP for snake number two, but I had a couple questions.

1) Are there any significant differences in care for a JCP or a Bredl's? I really like those guys too, so I'm kind of torn between the two. I'm hoping to get a second AP cage for it, and would like to stack it with my BRB's cage-- which is 3' x 2' (if you go to the AP cages website, it's the "carpet cage" listed under "specialty cages". I know that would be fine for a JCP, but I've been getting mixed opinions on whether a Bredl's would need a bit more space than that or not.

2) Any opinions on best carpet python breeders in the US? I may get him from my local shop, but their inventory varies, so they may not have what I'm looking for. If I have some names, I can see if any of them will be coming to my local reptile show in Janurary, perchance.

3) Anything you want to tell me about carpets that you think I should definitely know before getting one, share away! (I am aware that baby carpets tend to be rather nippy, so I don't need warnings there. Been tagged enough by Ball Pythons at work and my previous BRB, when he got sick-- that whole saga is posted somewhere on these boards :(. So mouthy snakes really don't bother me).

Thanks for any feedback!

2. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Nick mutton has awesome jungles at good prices and is really good customer service. Inlandreptile.com

His line of Palmerston locality jungles is fantastic! Plus they are pure jungle, and I'm always a fan of the breeders that don't cross subspecies

3. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Exactly what I was going to suggest. He is the best in the business and is located fairly close to you.