This Disappears When Logged In

Pinkie Mice?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by GumDrops, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

I was talking to my Dad about corn snakes earlier this week, tell him everything I've told him for about 3 weeks. . . AGAIN. Anywho, he asked a very good question that I had no clue how to answer:

Where do you get pinkie mice? Can you get them from a petshop? I need live ones to start with (or so the HC Caresheet says), how would I go about getting those? Would I just walk into a pet store and ask the first person I see if they have a couple pinkie's they sell me for my snake? (I can see myself doing that o_O)

Thanks.

-Gummy.

2. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Just like you said walk in and ask. Most shops that carry reptiles will have frozen mice in all sizes. You may have to look around if you end up needing live. Though Cornsnakes aren't so picky and most are well started off, so you most likely won't need live anyway.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You are misunderstand the caresheet. What we are talking about with regard to starting with live pinkies is with a newborn hatchling that hasn't had its first feed.
    And no responsible breeder would sell such an animal!
    I have yet to see a cornsnake that would not take a frozen thawed or prekilled pinkie. You can get pinkie mice at about any pet store and even the chain stores have started carrying frozen mice.
    They are very easy to come by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.