This Disappears When Logged In

Picture of Me and My Dad

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by schmidt1894, Aug 23, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Heres a picture of me and my dad holding his 6 1/2 foot red tail boa... First time for me ever holding a snake... YIKES!
    l3tKFl.jpg

Heres me by my self

g5Y19l.jpg

JEAMIl.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great photos!
    I think my husband thought I was looking at a centerfold when I had to turn my laptop to see the photos clearer :)

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Nice snake! :cool:

4. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

thanks guys!!! i was quite nervous at first, since it was my first time and everything... it was spooky! haha:) but i guess everybody has a first time for everything! Since then, ive been going to the petstores and whatnot... and asking them to hold the ball pythons and corn snakes..:) i think they are so cool!!!! i want one, a brazilian rainbow boa... but i cant have any snakes in my house if i live with my mom(i currently do)

5. mld

You look to be around the same age as my daughter, she's 18! She loves snakes as well as I, unfortunately we can't own any, my husband grew up on an Island that doesn't have any snakes and he won't let us have any! I'm sure she will, once she moves out on her own.
    Here she is holding a friends snake, she is 9.5 feet and 39 lbs IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3447 - Copy.jpg

6. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

i'm 18 too!:) haha.
    Really? thats awsome.. but sucks in a way!

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Careful man... They are addictive. Very few of us own A snake lol. That boa is beautiful btw. Nice snake.

8. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

haha really?? how are they addicitive?:) i want one... haha but i know i cant... but ima stick with my 4 lizards for now... no more.. no more please...

9. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

very pretty daughter, btw!;) and what kind of snake is that she holding?!

10. mld

Thanks, it's a boa constrictor!

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Nice pictures! Both of you :) I am so excited for my Boa!! She ate her 2nd meal so now a couple more and she's mine :)

I started with one snake and now have 30... Lol! I have some babies to sell going to list them today, already sold 2 to friends and they are doing good so time to say good bye to them :'( Next year I will have 7 mature females so I am hoping for 7 good clutches!

12. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

woah! thats a biggg snake! how long? roughly?

13. mld

That was last year and she was 9.5 feet, my daughter had a hard time holding her, it was wrapped around her waist but Jessica is too tiny to handle the weight.

14. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

wow! thats crazy... i dont want that big of a snake!:eek: haha. so when i was holding my dads snake... there was actually a festivle going on in my little town... i was like dad, lets walk down to the fest and have him around my neck... haha. he's like yeahhh that'd be fun! So, first we contacted one of the police officers(we know the whole police force, very good friends with all of them) and he's like well.... you can, but its not recommended because if he bites somebody.... lawsuits and stuff could happen...

15. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Snakes are ridiculously addictive. I started with one, Im at 4 now, and just sold 3. I cant stop. >.<
    Just dont get into Varanids. The curiosity and intellect they show is unlike ANY animal I've ever had. These have taken my passion for reptiles and kickstarted it again. ^_^

16. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

I've always thought about getting a monitor when I grew up.. I think it'd be awesome. I'm not gonna get any anytime soon.... Since I for my iggy to take care of.

17. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Just dont go over your head. Im cutting back on my breeding stock of snakes, Just so i can care for these guys when they are older. They are too awesome though, they really are!

18. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

yep.. i think one iggy, two beardies, crested gecko, brazilian rainbow boa, and a monitor would be good when im outta college(studying to become a vet/herp)

19. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

I did the crested geckos for a while, I got one hatchling and 4 eggs left.
    The rest sounds fun! What kind of monitors have you read up on?

20. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Yeah the crested gecko is cool and all.. But... He's.... Different. But Howell, I saved him, and that's all I care about:)

But monitor.. Hmm... Well, I'd look into a savannah, but then I don't want a HUGE monitor that is gonna be 5-6ft since I'll have my iggy. I've heard ackies? Or tegu, who knows. What would you say I could deal with from the lizards I have? I'm not getting one right now, no no no.. I don't have the space, or money.. Gonna wait till down the road:)