This Disappears When Logged In

Pic's of Og, Savannah monitor

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Og_, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Not a baby anymore! He's already 15 inches! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Og looks fat and happy :). Great coloring in the last shot.

3. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Yeah,Well, He doesn't miss a meal. I have him and a Ball Python and a Veiled Chameleon, But my Sav is the only one willing to Be "Really" excited about eating! He's sort of the Cookie Monster on Sesame Street! When I got my Ball Python, He saw it from across the room and wanted to eat it too! I think he thought it was a giant worm or sump'em.

4. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, I have an El Cheapo camera.It's a Dig. camera that I borrowed to take these pic's. It's 6 years old!
    I will be buying an UP-to date cam within 6 weeks or so. So bear with me.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice looking Savannah!
    Too bad they don't retain the juvenile color into adulthood.

6. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Looks OK. Prepare for it to get much bigger.

7. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

My frilled dragon is about the same size...12 inches or so. I'll whip him out and we can compare sizes and race to the finish!

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very awesome. Savs are one of the mainstays of the herp industry. Excellent pets. I wish I had room to have one myself.

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I also like the coloration in the last pic. if it stayed exactly like that as it grew, that would be one awesome looking critter. (They are pretty awesome regardless, but those colors would be mighty impressive.)

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I'm counting on it to get much Bigger, That's the reason I named him "Og". Og was a giant of a race of giants in the O.T.. In the story of David and Goliath, Goliath was one of that race. Og was their king. I'm not religeous, I D' and S', But I really enjoy those ancient stories.

They say Savs can get up to four feet. I'm shooting for five!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have a friend who had a big adult male. Bogey was at least 4 ft and puppy dog tame. The owner was a woman just under 5 ft tall so it was quite comical to see her carrying him around like a baby!
    Sadly Bogey died last year.

12. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

A five foot Sav isn't impossible. I can't say why but over the last few years every keeper I've talked with hasn't had a Sav get much over 100cm (just over 3 feet). I'd be hard pressed to say that it would be diet realted, but larger specimens just aren't too common anymore here.

I hope yours gets good and big for you, he looks like he's off to a good start.

13. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Yeah, I can still dream though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.