This Disappears When Logged In

Pics of "Hot Scorpions"

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by BrianS, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Some more less venomous scorps

Here is another scorp I have. It has about the weakest venom of all scorps but can grow up to 8 inches long :eek: From Southern Africa...
    Hadogenes paudicens (Olive Keeled Flat Rock)
    [​IMG]

Another South African species.
    Opistophthalmus wahlbergei (Tri-color Burrowing Scorpion)
    [​IMG]

2. eper-ani

eper-ani Elite Member

Hey Brian nice scorp collection you got there. Check out the few sorp pics i posted. Man you got some nice buthids, i have a couple and i want more. Im also thinking about getting some Jacksoni's, do u know how hard they are to breed? Only thing with buthinds though is their somewhat short lifespan

3. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Thanx :)
    I don't think you would have trouble breeding B jacksoni. Since they are communal you can put 2 males/3 or 4 females together and give them plenty of hides and food and sooner or later one of the girls would probably become gravid.

Speaking of gravid...my P transvaalicus looks that way to me. I keep hoping one day I'll see her back covered with babies
    [​IMG]

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

HOLY HONKIN' FAT SCORP!!!
    Yup looks preggers (gravid) to me and I know NOTHING about scorps...but I do have 5 kids! :D :p

Cool collection (although not the thing for me...)

5. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

HAHAHA It's no wonder that Meercats in Southern Africa eat these!!! ;)
    They are already shaped like a meat loaf lol

6. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

My Bicolor! =0)

Attached Files:

7. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

WOW!!! I haven't seen that pic yet. Yours looks bigger. What is the size of your bicolor?

8. RaVeN666

RaVeN666 Active Member

Its 3 inches. what about yours?? we should mate! hehe I think mine may be a a male!!!

9. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

That is about the size of mine. If it is a girl then yes we should mate!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.