This Disappears When Logged In

Pics After Shed

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by annaj328, Mar 15, 2016.

1. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

I think I post too much but I can't help it. Santiago just shed today and he looks amazing. Heres some pics whether you want them or not ;-)
    IMG_20160315_190437353.jpg IMG_20160315_185954816.jpg IMG_20160315_185851716.jpg IMG_20160315_185755511.jpg

Rich likes this.
  2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Oh, he is a pretty boy for sure!

(No such thing as too many pics)

annaj328 likes this.
  3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What a beautiful snake! Thanks for sharing :)!

4. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

Thanks guys! I am so happy with him. most definitely the easiest snake I have owned, possibly the prettiest as well!

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I tell you, I'm hooked on those dwarf boas, too. All of the cuteness of a hatchling., but they don't outgrow it, or turn into unmanageable monsters.

6. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

Yeah! I had no idea they existed! Definitely underrated. And I had read something about them being snippy but he's been a perfect angel.

Dragoness, do you have any pics of your boy? I'd love to see him.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have two!

Vladimir is 9 years old, and was just to the vets last month - he had an encapsulated infection on his nose, which is actually a relapse of a much older injury he acquired in 2011 during my 1200 mile move from FL to MI.

Vladimir 007 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Vladimir 030 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This picture was taken days before his vet appointment. Vet cut his face open, removed the infection, and sent him home with antibiotics. He has shed since, and is back on his feed, and doing great. He is under 4 feet in length, and has only ever bitten me when he was sick. He is a central American boa.

Vladimir | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And my newest acquisition (still pondering names) is a striped Sonoran boa. Hatchling male.

Sonoran boa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

8. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Hoping for a full recovery for vlad. I love how dark he is. It's funny that what initially drew me to the table was the dark boas and then I picked a hypo :p

And that sonoran is beautiful! I'm no help with names sorry...