This Disappears When Logged In

Picked This Guy Up At A Expo

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Kolby Tannehill, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Kolby Tannehill

Kolby Tannehill Well-Known Member

I picked up this guy at the St louis Reptile Show the other weekend. 20160109_145432.jpg

2. Carly Marlowe

Carly Marlowe Active Member

Pretty! What kind of snake is that? Thinking of going to Repticon in February in Columbia SC..I have never been to anything like that before. What kind of things are usually at shows like that?

3. Kolby Tannehill

It is an Albino corn snake, and as far as what they are like it depends on the show you go to they are all a bit different. You must go that it is an amazing time to see every thing there even if you leave with nothing. If you are looking for something like a corn snake though you can for sure find one for a good deal at any expo.

Carly Marlowe likes this.
  4. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

hes a cutie :D

5. Kolby Tannehill

6. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Kind of like a Toys r Us for adults, lol. Reptile shows typically have hundreds of ball pythons, a comparable number of corn snakes (both are popular pet species and different morphs are produced) along with a wide variety of other snakes (boa constrictors and carpet pythons are usually plentiful too), lizards, and usually a few turtles and/or tortoises available. Quite often there will be someone selling tarantulas, scorpions, etc. as well as all sorts of supplies. Prices are much, much lower than pet stores. Baby corns usually sell for $25, normal ball pythons may go even lower, just depends on who's selling. If you're going to look around that's fine, but if you're thinking of bringing something home do your research on the requirements and have the enclosure set up ahead of time.

7. Carly Marlowe

Thanks..Definitely going to go to the one in Columbia since it's close. I am not planning on expanding our little zoo, but I've said that before and ended up bringing home something!

8. Kolby Tannehill

I like to always have a lot of extra supplies before I go to show, that way I will have set up for what ever I pick up.

9. AJherplover

AJherplover Member

Columbia has got some cool HOT stuff to look at, something NC doesn't quite share, also turtles.

10. Carly Marlowe

That's great.. I am looking forward to checking it out. Do you know any other really good events in SC, NC or GA? I'm in the up-state of SC, so heading to NC or GA is totally doable for a day trip. Isn't there something in Concord, NC?

11. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

12. AJherplover

AJherplover Member

Yeah there is it's a nice little show don't expect too much. But there's also the ICE show at Durham. There's also one in Winston Salem and Asheville, but I haven't been to those yet.