This Disappears When Logged In

Parasites and Mites - CWD

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Lili, Jun 27, 2014.

  1. Lili

    Lili Well-Known Member

    Just wondering, should I treat my CWD with anti mite/internal parasites products from time to time, although it hasn't have such problems so far? All the crickets/mealworms I give to my CWD come from special cricket farms (or so I'm told at the petstorte!) and are believed to be clean.

    I wouldn't hesitate to do so, but I'm afraid that the the unnecessary use of such products might harm the lizard.

    Also, which parsites seem to be more common in CWD? There is different info on the net and I'm a bit confused which source is most reliable.

    Thanks in advance for your replies.
     
  2. Merlin

    Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

    All anti parasite meds are essentially toxins. They have to be to kill the parasites. If there is no reason to suspect a problem, don't treat it.
    And by the way, all living creatures naturally harbor parasites. You can't get rid of all of them and some are even believed to be helpful to the animals well being. Its during stress or illness that the parasites get overloaded and cause an issue.
     
  3. Lili

    Lili Well-Known Member

    Thanks, Merlin.
     
  4. Merlin

    Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

    You are welcome!
     

Share This Page