This Disappears When Logged In

Panda and Polar?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Tattoosbyzoo, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Tattoosbyzoo

Tattoosbyzoo Well-Known Member

so ive obviously seen plenty of albino bp's and some snow but someone told me there were even more rare bp's that you could get from breeding snow's together he mentioned a panda and a polar... ive tried to research these and havent found a single pic. ive seen a panda pied and a leucistic which is the closest thing to what he described. he said a polar is more purplish in the eyes and a panda is all white with large black spots. has anyone seen these before?

2. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

3. Tattoosbyzoo

the pic says polar tho? and it looks just like a snow? whats the difference

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

5. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

A panda is actually a panda pied. A super black paste het. piedl x pied. The polar is a leucy het. albino x het leucy (I can't find which) het albino. Two totally different snakes.

6. Tattoosbyzoo

So if i have an albino het for snow could i achieve either one of those with a proper male?

7. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

8. bbooradly7777

bbooradly7777 New Member

Hi,
    Snow is a double recessive (het for albino and axanthic) SO, if you have an albino that is het for snow, that means that the parents where an albino het xanthic x axanthic het albino or similar combo. panda pied is the result of breeding a female super black pastel het pied to a male super black pastel het pied. So, you will not be able to produce a panda pied. I'm not sure what a polar is but if it has snow in it the above should answer. if it is leucistic in any way it will have one of the following genes not showing, less, mojave, butter and other carriers of the leucistic gene. Never seen a leucistic snow but I guess that would be the result of breeding a super lesser het snow to a super lesser het snow. When I say super lesser, I mean leucistic, because when you breed any two of the leucistic gene carrier togethr you get an all white snake.

In order to have any recessive genes to become visible, the parents must both carry that gene.

here is a limited list of recessive genes

albino (white and yellow)
    axanthic (lack of yellow)
    snow double het albino axanthic (pale yellow and white)
    piebald (containing a combination of random white and color patterns)
    clown (known for its unique facial pattern and black dorsal pattern0

heres a small list of co-dominant genes (compatible with other codoms and dominant genes in first generations)

lesser
    butter
    mojave
    pastel
    yellowbelly
    pinstripe
    etc

If you made a panda pied from scratch you need these ingredients

1 black pastel male and one black pastel female
    1 piebald

breed black pastels together to produce super black pastel, then hold back all the super pastels of the opposite sex of the pied then breed them to the pied to make superblack pastel het pieds (all of the clutch will be het pied) keep a male and female black pastel het pied, breed them together and produce panda pied

of course ther are other faster ways and other longer ways to do this but you get the picture, it takes a very long time and the odds are against you hence the price tag.

1.1 axanthic vpi
    0.1 lemon pastel
    1.1 albino
    0.3 normal
    1.0 yellowbelly
    1.0 lesser platinum
    1.0 spider
    0.1 pinstripe
    0.1 mojave
    1.1clown
    0.1 bumblebee
    1.1 blue eyed leucistic