This Disappears When Logged In

Paddle Tail Newt

Discussion in 'Salamanders & Newts' started by beefcakemighty, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefcakemighty

beefcakemighty Elite Member

Does anyone know anything about them????
    I've seen one that looks like he is real healthy and active so I was thinking of getting him.
    But I don't know anything about them.
    Can someone help please?

2. Mr. Creature

Mr. Creature Active Member

Re: Paddle Tail Newt???

I never knew about newts or anything. I got one and he is one of the most coolest, easiest to take care of, happy little guy. But i don't know how to sex them. Just look for torn skin, improper shedding still stuck to him (They take it off like a glove! Again very cool to watch) foggy eyes, non-movement or funny looking belly. Otherwise I highly suggest getting one. Fill a tank with 3-4" of drinking water, put some rocks, sticks, leaves or whatever to let him get out and in the water as he pleases. Get some newt pellets, or blood worms. And some sort of water purifier ( I use little drops of a water balancer and a filtered pump) and sit back and watch him explore!

3. beefcakemighty

beefcakemighty Elite Member

Well I got him and he/she not sure which, but I’ll say he is awesome. We just put him in a 50 gallon tank. He’s doing great real active and eats, I’ve named him Bull cause of the way he give you this angry bully look, it’s funny. Anyway I’ll have to get some pics to share thanks for the info..

4. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

I had two newts when I was very little, but I don't remember much of them except that they were cute little guys. Good luck with yours.

5. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Do you have any idea what kind he is?
    When you get pictures it'll help the people here identify it and then we'll be able to help you tons more. :]
    I don't know much about newts, but if I found out the species, I could do some research for ya. I'd like to know more about them anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.