This Disappears When Logged In

Pacman Frog Tumor? Please Help

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by Chris Terrell, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Chris Terrell

Chris Terrell New Member

So I got home today to find this on my year old frogs left hind leg and I'm hoping it isn't a tumor. She didn't seem to have a bump as of yesterday. I check on her every day mostly and it just showed up.

Attached Files:

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

It's bleeding so I'm assuming its not a tumor as well as the fact it just appeared.
    Do you leave live insects in the cage? Looks like a bite, cricket maybe?

3. Chris Terrell

Chris Terrell New Member

I have 3 small earth worms to help keep it self cleaning. They have been eating her poop now for about two weeks and they haven't touched her. My family does keep the doors to the house open allot. So maybe a mosquito or something flew in?

4. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

It's possible he could've been bit by something but it definitely wasn't one of the worms. Anything in the enclosure that the frog could scrape itself on?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about frogs will come by soon, I thought for sure it was a bite of some kind.

5. Chris Terrell

Chris Terrell New Member

I was examining it today and I think she scratched herself on the rock water dish. because it was an infected cyst from what I see. I went to see how big it actually was and it popped and pus just pored out. I then took her out and squeezed all the puss out and cleaned it. she sat there and let me do so unlike usual where she squirms when I even get near her.

6. waagyl

waagyl Active Member

I'm so expert but definitely keep it clean. Maybe put her on moist paper towels until it heals up if it doesn't start to heal by itself.

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  7. waagyl

waagyl Active Member

I meant I am no expert hahaha.