This Disappears When Logged In

Orchids??

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Amadeous, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

As the title says, can you add them to a panthers enclosure. I got my girlfriend an orchid for V-Day and i was hoping to add it to the terrarium. I did some research and a lot of people have said yes, but i wanted to get everyones opinion on here before i go through with it.

2. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Idk much about chameleons but I do know that orchids are safe for water dragons and fare well inside enclosures. I suppose it would mostly be a matter of humidity level inside the enclosure, as far as the orchid doing well.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If it is a typical Phalaenopsis orchid (which is most likely), it will be fine in your enclosure. Those guys are sturdy, and a chameleon is a little easier on greenery than other lizards are.

It may even re-bloom for you next year!

Phals come in all different colors, white, yellow, pink, red, purple, and are also injected with other colors (mostly blue) but thay all have a very similar/distinct flower shape. Determining what kind of orchid you have should be fairly simple, just check google.

4. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

Well its in there and he seems to like it , seems like he is always on it :)