This Disappears When Logged In

Orange Goo In Leopard Geckos Water

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by MikyPiky, Jan 18, 2018.

1. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

Every time I check on my geckos water theres orange goo in it. It has a paint concistency. I've heard of other people having this problem but there's no answer. If you guys could help me figure out what it is would be great!

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Just a guess, but likely it is some sort of excrement, most likely urates. No way to be sure with a picture of some sort.

3. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

I'll send a picture when it appears again. But it doesn't sound like a problem?

4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

I mean... depends on what it is. Could be just some weird poo. Pics will help, and maybe describe diet and any supplements you use and any abnormal behavior from the gecko if there is any.

5. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

I feed them 15 big mealworms every other day. A couple crickets once and a while and a few freeze dried mealworms. The calcium is repashy calcium plus. Lately my name gecko has been always wanting to be held, I guess that might be due to boredom. But this goo has been in his waterbowls from the start.

6. AmityReptiles

I use this calcium product as well. Mix alittle bit of it with water and tell me what you find out. ;)

7. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

Ok I will do That, what do you suppose that will do?

By the way how name Leo's do you have and what are there names?

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I don`t think they "want" to be held, although they may tolerate it and you always need to bear in mind how quickly they lose heat once outside the enclosure.

9. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

The reason why I think he wants to be held is whenever I need to refill his water he comes out and starts climbing up my hand. Also I don't take my Leo's out for long intervals just a couple minutes at a time.

10. AmityReptiles

I don't have any leos, I use this product periodically for my Monitor lizard. The reason I wanted you to mix alittle water with some is because it turns into an orange goo when wet. Wanted to see if that was what was in your water.

11. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

I just noticed that today when I mixed it into the water. So yeah he must step in the calcium and then into the water!

That's hilarious that its just the calcium!!!

Chrysanthemum likes this.
  12. Atroxus

Atroxus Well-Known Member

Well that's cool that it is good news and not a sick animal. :)

13. MikyPiky

MikyPiky Member

Yes its always a relief when you find out your animal isnt actually sick!