This Disappears When Logged In

Old Corn Gal..

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by SCERR, Dec 27, 2017.

1. SCERR

SCERR New Member

Hey everyone,
    I've got an old corn snake. She's already exceeded the average lifespan. Recently, she's slowed down a lot, is refusing food, and has lost all her spunk.
    Her color has also dulled a lot(she just shed a week and a half ago and sheds 3-4 times a year) in the past few days. Her former vibrant reds and yellows have faded a lot. She's been cage aggressive and aggressive in general for three years, since we got her. She is no longer aggressive at all. In the three years we've had her, she's NEVER refused food until this past month, even when she was in shed.
    Is she dying?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Hi, could you include some pics of your enclosure, and a description of conditions in the enclosure? Is she losing weight visibly?
    Also, is it winter where you live?

3. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

How quickly did the colors dull? Has it been slow and gradual? Sounds like normal aging. Seems to me like she could just be slowing down a little both because of age and winter. I wouldn't say she sounds like she's dying.

4. SCERR

SCERR New Member

I'll upload some photos tomorrow. She is not losing weight visibly no. Yes it's winter but she's never done any of this before. She's on aspen with a red heat light(it was a white one and I plan on changing it back tomorrow or the next day when I pick up new bulbs), she has a large water dish, a few small pieces of wood, and a few airplants.

The colors dulled over the period of a 5-7 days. Most of her decline has been over the past 2-3 weeks.

Some of her scales are also missing and she has an odd wrinkled few scales. She also came from a past of starvation, abuse, and neglect so could that play a part? She's also been drinking more.

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Pics will give some definite answers but it almost sounds to me like a retained shed.