This Disappears When Logged In

Odd Bumps on My Tegu's Back

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by neverreal777, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neverreal777

neverreal777 New Member

Hi!

I am the new owner of an Argentinian black and white tegu named Morpheus. My boyfriend and I have had him for a little over two weeks, and he is adjusting very well. Morpheus is a little under six months old. Shortly after we got him, I noticed two odd, blister-like bumps on his back, and despite having done tons of research, I can't figure out what they are. My boyfriend has had reptiles before, but Morpheus is our first tegu and I want to make sure that we are doing everything that we can to take care of him. I think that they might be scarring from an old injury from before we got him, but I want to be sure, and I certainly want to cure them if possible. They do not seem to hurt him at all (he doesn't seem to notice a difference when I touch them), and have not increased in size since we got him. The bumps are solid like the rest of his skin, not mushy. He recently shed his skin, but I know that they are not the result of stuck shed or anything like that (in fact, he shed with no problems whatsoever). When I first noticed them I thought that the bump might come off when he shed, but it obviously did not. Does anyone recognize what these are?

Attached Files:

• 040.jpg
      040.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
  2. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Are the bumps you're referring to right above his right side rear leg? Just want to verify what im looking at.

Are they textured? Are they like scabs, or are they smooth like scar tissue? Hard like a tumor, or soft like a blister?

Is there anything in the cage he could have burned himself on, or is there any sharp objects that could have wounded him and gotten infected?

3. VickiC

VickiC Elite Member

It's awesome that you're trying to help, but this thread is over a year old and it doesn't appear that the original poster posted anything anywhere beyond that first post so likely isn't around anymore. You can see the post date in the upper left hand corner. I've become overly aware of it as I'm always reading through old threads in an effort to learn all that I can and have almost bumped a number of old posts myself after forgetting that I browsing through older threads.

4. SSThorn

SSThorn Elite Member

Woops. Didnt see that. -_-'

Yea, I spend HOURS reading all sorts of threads on here.

5. cdm

cdm Active Member

for future reference, supporting fiber tissue around bone joints due to mbd. these form along spine on varanids/teiids first.

i can guarantee it had jerky gait as well, despite op saying all else "normal".

here...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.