This Disappears When Logged In

Number 19

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by David McConley, Mar 13, 2010.

1. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

My father-in-law and I went to the Repticon show in Columbia SC today. We entered a raffle that they were having and by the time we walked away from the table and got to the other side of the building, they had a drawing. My father-in-law's name was called! So, we went back to the table- for prizes they had: 2 different geckoes, a small monitor and a leucistic Texas rat snake. Well my father-in -law does not own ANY reptiles (his wife would divorce him)- so he asked which one I wanted. NO BRAINER- so now I am the proud owner of a leucistic Texas rat snake. Pictures to come in a few days after the settling in period.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats David! I look forward to seeing your new acquisition!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome!! Cant wait to see pics.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Well done David, I too look forward to photos (in time, however long that may be), but 19 is such an uneven number, may I respectfully suggest you round it up?

(I`m thinking..... 50?) :p

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats David! I have always liked the look of those.
    I will be awaiting the pics,....nudge nudge!;)

6. David McConley

Thanks everyone! I promise pics will come soon. In the meantime, Stefan- I actually did round it up... to 20. We went back this morning and I bought a common het for amel cornsnake male that will actually give me a shot at breeding in a year or so. I have 3 females and bit the bullet and bought him.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Well there you are David, only thirty more to go, and if you start breeding that may happen in no time at all, good luck as always!

8. David McConley

Thanks Stefan! Believe me if I thought there was even the reotest chance of having 30 more snakes, I would!!! By the way, I have 2 pairs of ball pythons that have hooked up AND a pair of my boa constrictors that locked up a couple of times- so 50 MAY be a realistic number- I'll keep everyone posted.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

50 may be an underestimate then. (Don`t forget the photos, we won`t)!

10. David McConley

Trust me Stefan, I know you won't forget & I know you won't let me forget either! ;)

11. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Congratulations man! I can't wait till I can grow my collection.