This Disappears When Logged In

Now What?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Hide Clyde, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hide Clyde

Hide Clyde Elite Member

Go Slow?

I was talking with the Pet Store owner and she strongly recommended going very slow in changing Clyde's cage. I can see her point, but how slow should I go? How does everyone else handle this?

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I changed my chams cage almost instantly, I thought with him changing homes a change of cage would be best too, so that he didn't have to adjust twice, he settled in nicely.

3. Rocky's Dad

Rocky's Dad Elite Member

Get the UVB bulb right away. You don't need to pay for a custom setup, just get a reptiglo 5.0 or similar and put it on the top of the cage and you will be fine.

It's good you're looking into real plants - that will help with the humidity. Make sure you get non-toxic plants - clyde may eat them! Common good plants for Chams are Ficus Benjamina, Pothos and Schefflera - get some plans and vines that bring him within 6" of your UVB and Basking lamps.

You can make a drip setup yourself just by poking holes in the bottom of a paper cup and putting it on top of the cage.

There are excellent articles on plants, husbandry, resources, etc at www.chameleonnews.com. In addition to the help you are getting here at HC, there is a very active group of Chameleon owners over at reptileforums.com. The moderators are much better and helpful here, but for chams in particular, there are some extremely knowledgeable and helpful folks on that forum.

Greg

4. Hide Clyde

Hide Clyde Elite Member

Clyde's Light is on it's way

I have ordered a UVB light for Clyde and it should arrive friday. I think this will work until his new cage arrives and I get all his lights just right. I want to get his new set-up all sorted out before he moves. But for now, at least he will be getting his UVB, so I am not in such a hurry. I really want to plan out his new home so that he can really thrive, be happy and safe. Besides it will be much cheaper to set it up right the first time and should cause less stress for Clyde.

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

You're right there, and if the interior decorating is similar, colors, plant styles, the stress will be much less. I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.