This Disappears When Logged In

Northern Blue Tongue

Discussion in 'Skinks' started by Ahura, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahura

Ahura Elite Member

Recently, I have fallen in love with BTS. I have been debating whether to get a savanna monitor or a BTS. I think a BTS will be a better choice. I just have one question: How big does a Northern get, some sources say 12-18 some say 22+inches. I checked on BTS.net but there was no info on how big a northern gets. Another question, will a 75 gallon be adequate for the skinks whole life.

2. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Hi, go for the bluey! they are great animals, ranging in size from 14-26 inches, they live 15-25 yrs or more with the proper care.
    We took in our Bluey because she was a vicious animal, with all her huffing and puffing scared her previous owner to death LOL... 2 weeks after leaving her to herself to get acclimated to her new surroundings she is a perfect lady LOL she even goes out to shows with us and loves the attention, and kids are amazed by her tiny legs, snake like body and amazing blue tongue. she is currently 18" long and in a 3ftx 2 ft enclosure.

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Well I gave mine a photo op just for you,lol. Valentine is a year and a half old. I "think" it's a female. I have her in a cage thats 36"long,12 " high and 18" wide.
    Enjoy :)

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    • 040.jpg
      040.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    • 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      7.8 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Ahura

Ahura Elite Member

Thanks! I love the pictures! Yea I think the 75g is 18'' wide by 48'' long? I am also amazed at their blue tongue. Alright, thanks for the pictures and info ill do some more research and maybe I can decide :S. I still have a couple of months soo..

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Blueys are fun and MUCH easier to manage than a savanna.
    Unless you are partial to surrendering half of your bedroom to the enclosure!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

here my Bluey...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.