This Disappears When Logged In

Newly built Cage!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Keggo, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keggo

Keggo Active Member

Hey guys!
    Here's the cage that I've been building... I think it turned out pretty good!! Well, tell me what you think! I'm going to add a humidifier connection later... but, until then, I'll just keep misting with Spock's spray bottle! :D

Attached Files:

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Looking great!! Fantastic job! I bet Spock loves it :)

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great job!

4. Keggo

Keggo Active Member

thanks! we haven't put him in there YET... *sigh*... I have to wait until my paycheck on the 15th to get some foliage for the cage. The dimensions are pretty big... it's approx. 5'5"x30"x32"... I was thinking about getting a couple ficus, a hibiscus, and a pothos for some good vineage. I wanted it to be pretty dense in there, so he has a lot of stuff to crawl on!

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Looks awesome, great job. Cant wait to see it complete with plants

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice! I can't wait to see it all done up.
    What is the frame? Conduit?

7. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great job, it looks awsome, and you built it yourself, wow, cool, cant wait to see the finished result with everything in :D

8. Keggo

Keggo Active Member

Thanks again guys/gals! The cage's frame was constructed with 1/2" pvc piping with the "three inlet" pvc elbows to make the corners... I can walk you guys through every step or make some plans if you want me to. I spent about 60 bucks on everything.. which isn't bad considering the size. I'll get some plants on my payday, or my g/f on her payday will get some plants.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

cool! I guess it is just the lighting but the frame looked like metal .

10. Keggo

Keggo Active Member

yeah, it sort of does, huh? all pvc... the reason i chose pvc over wood is that it's lighter and it doesn't get all saturated when the cage is being misted (ie no algae/mold buildup...)

11. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

*Prints pictures out*

Hah! I'm stealing your idea!

Good job, better than i could do.

12. Keggo

Keggo Active Member

it's cool man... I put it on here for anyone that wants to build it! :D It wasn't that hard... the only thing i was kind of sketchy about, is the door... I wanted to make sure it sealed real good so no crickets could escape... Here are all the supplies I used... pm me for dimensions

1/2" PVC Elbows
    1/2" PVC Piping
    1/2" Screws
    Velcro
    Charcoal Mesh Aluminum screening
    Plexiglass
    Duct Tape

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.