This Disappears When Logged In

Newbie Looking After Anole Hatchlings.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grackle, Sep 29, 2015.

1. grackle

grackle Member

Hello,
    I have surprise guests at my house. A shipment of plants has been producing tiny brown anoles. Presumably Anolis sagrei. Most are the spitting image of the females. One is larger and likely a male Cuban, another hasn't definitively declared itself yet beyond being an anole and darker brown.
    They are split up between 2 Exo-terra talls and eating well. Their current terrariums are make-do. Sphagnum moss and tall weeds. It needs to be sorted how to change the terrariums over to planted vivariums and for the wee ones to be stopped from using the cable exits to explore.

2. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

I don't know much about them but I believe there are care sheets fir them on the website, though since they are younger I'm not sure if they'll help.

3. ferasaeva

ferasaeva Well-Known Member

Brown Anole Care Guide

I found this, not 100% sure on how correct it is but I hope it helps for now. I think there are many people on here who keep anoles and I'm sure they'll see your post :)

4. grackle

grackle Member

Thanks ferasaeva. With them being an invasive species it isn't easy to get info on how to help them out. Incubation periods seem far longer than the Carolinas/Greens.
    Their basic problem is that I have never looked after a lizard of any age. Putting them outside isn't an option since I'm far from their kicking grounds and that invasive bit. So the push is on to find instruction/sites/books to make their lives as good as I can.
    Learning about vivariums would be a bonus.

ferasaeva likes this.
  5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

It wouldn't hurt to look at this care sheet, either
    Green Anole | Herp Center

Most importantly make sure they're drinking. If they fail to drink they soon perish.

6. grackle

grackle Member

Thanks for that Qwerty3159. The focus here is much what I am looking for. They are so precious licking the glass after it is misted.

7. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

It seems that everything important has been said but I second qwerty, water and humidity are very important to these lizards so just make sure the cage is humid all the time.

8. grackle

grackle Member

Their humidity never goes below the 70s. They have had UVB lighting for a few weeks now and I've just found Solartech to have a meter shipping for that. However the meter I ordered was for D3 and will want me to enter their skin type.... Nice people at Solartech are switching me to the 6.5.
    I'm having a rough time conceiving their future vivarium since they are so out of scale still. Chunks of their unpackaged substrate are bigger than they are. Nonetheless I need to get on it and fixtures including plants anchored and offgassed long before they move to prevent any mishaps.