This Disappears When Logged In

New White Tree Frog Viv

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by thetruesmaug, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

They are probably MUCH happier!

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That looks a lot better. It might take them a day or two to figure it out, but they will use it. I promise. :)

3. thetruesmaug

thetruesmaug Active Member

Ok, I went to lowes today to get a new ac and while I was there I went to there plant section. I got a potted pothos plant that fits perfectly inside the tank with the pot still on it. It looks nice and I would think they should love it. Are pothos easy to care for, especially if I leave it in its pot?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would advise taking the plant out of the pot washing the soil off the roots and repotting with an organic potting mix. And wash the leaves off well while you are at it.
    Commercial horticulture uses an enormous array of chemical that could be detrimental to your frog

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Pothos are VERY easy to take care of. However, you want to take it out of the pot and knock off all the dirt from the roots, rinse the whole plant, roots to leaves, and then re-pot it. The garden centers use fertilizer and chemicals that can hurt the frogs... When you re-pot it use an additive free soil. Miracle Grow makes an organic soil that works great.

6. schlegelbagel

What Shell and Merlin said. Rinse off everything and re-pot in organic soil. Be sure to get rid of as many of the styrofoam balls as possible, and wash the leaves off well.

As long as you keep your pothos watered, it will do just fine. They are one of the easiest plants to own.

7. thetruesmaug

thetruesmaug Active Member

You know,even with a nice real plant and a very nice plastic plant they still camp out on the glass at the back of the cage.btw I did change the dirt and was the leaves,thx for the advice.

8. schlegelbagel

They'll figure out the plant, just give it some time. A change in their environment takes them about a week to get used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.