This Disappears When Logged In

New Water Dragon Enclosure Finished, at Least for the Time Being

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by gpolkin, Mar 30, 2013.

1. gpolkin

gpolkin Well-Known Member

Just completed, well pretty much completed my first attempt at a water dragon enclosure. Adopted Alfred in December with a general sense I needed to build him a house bigger than the 50 gallon aquarium he came in. Spent the last three months getting great advice from people on this site as I attempted to build him a better place.

I realize now it could have been bigger but he seems to be using the water a lot which is a bit of a relief that that space is getting used.

I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures so I will try posting a link instead.

Greg

https://plus.google.com/108726633492818819942/posts

kriminaal likes this.
  2. Tired

Tired Elite Member

That's a really lice looking enclosure you've built.

3. OEW

OEW Elite Member

It looks very nice. And a nice looking dragon too!

4. dom23

dom23 New Member

how did get the water tank in there? is it just a regular old 20/30 gallon tank in the bottom of a cage, with a filter in it? Reason i ask is because I build my own terrariums and im trying to find a way to put a pond in or something, whether it be a pond liner from a hardware store or, and actual aquarium tank!

5. gpolkin

gpolkin Well-Known Member

The tank is a standard 55 gallon. I cut an access hole in one side of the cabinet I made and slid it in. I have a fluval 305pump in addition to a waterfall pump and a heater

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It looks good!

7. ScottPS

ScottPS Member

Wow, it's great to finally see a CWD set up the right way. Looks amazing!

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice. Does the filter do a good job of cleaning the water without haven't to change it out too often?