This Disappears When Logged In

New Retic Soon?

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Hkg, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Okay so as you may have seen I'm probably getting a dwarf retic in the next week or so. I've done tons of research and I wasn't nervous till now... He said it's a het albino poss stripe. Now there is no way to prove that whit hour breeding which I'm not going to do. He does have a picture of the container he was in at the reptile expo though and it says "2011 her albino poss stripe dwarf reticulated python" so I do believe him and even if it wasn't her albino poss stripe I wouldn't really care. I'm just nervous about taking him in. I don't know what to expect or I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I was really debating on getting this guy or another boa. I love boas, they are my favorite snakes. But all the retic owners I talked to said go with the retic, that once you get one you'll want more (probably true. That's how I am with every reptile) and that they said they're great snakes so I went with the retic. The current owner seems legit. He's rehoming him because he's preparing for a blue tegu, and he has 9 other snakes in his house right now. And he's driving over 3 hours to deliver to me, so if he wasn't legit why would he do that? I don't know I'm just nervous. What is y'all's expierences with retics? If you let me know what to expect that's be great!!!

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

My friend has a few retics and and a dwarf and as far as handling, retics are cool imo! That's as far as my experience with them goes though

3. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Oh. Right on! I heard they were super cool OUTSIDE of their cage. Haha. I just always get nervous before taking in another animal. I was the same way with my boa and tegu

4. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

As long as you ca. handle an adult first to make sure you're comfortable I'm sure you'll be fine!