This Disappears When Logged In

New Reptile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danomite7, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danomite7

danomite7 Banned User

I am looking for a reptile that you can have fun with and fits in a 10 gallon tank. I am just looking and wondering if anyone knows of a fun reptile.

2. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

Hey, I have a skink and they're ok. You can feed them by hand which is kind of fun.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

About the only handleable reptile you could keep in a 10 gal would be a leopard gecko.

4. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Define fun. An Anole is fun to look at. They puff their necks up sort of like frogs do.

5. danomite7

danomite7 Banned User

well i need one that does not require a heat lamp and is really fun to have.

6. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

Anoles are cheap too, I've had a lot of them in my day. I've got a brown snake who's about 13 inches long and is in a 10 gallon tank, he's very happy and I take him out to show to friends that come visit, they don't have teeth, so bites are more like gummings...

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Those two things don't really go together. Most animals need some sort of heat if they are cold blooded.

8. Jenn

Jenn Elite Member

A leopard gecko can fit in a 10 gallon tank, they are fun to have and only require under the tank heat, not a heating lamp.

9. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

I don't have any anoles currently, if that post was directed towards me. Just the brown snake on his own.

10. schlegelbagel

Nope, it was directed at the "reptile not needing heat" thing. Sorry, I'll edit my post and quote. :p

11. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

alright :) just making sure

12. rick1iam

rick1iam Subscribed User Premium Member

Danomite I think your question should be one of the banner headlines for this and about any other exotic pet web site. Whether you're 50 years old or 5 years old you asked what few do: stating your means and intentions which will equal one less dead animal due to ignorance and neglect.

If some pet stores/departments trained their employees/team members to ask this most basic of questions I think a bunch of Herp lovers would be happy.

13. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Anoles wouldn't work if he doesn't want to deal with lights. They need UVB... If you want something that doesn't need UVB then you would want to get something nocturnal, and I don't know how much fun you would find that. (although most people think leos are cool)

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

well, plastic animals don't need heat, or light, or water or even food for that matter. They never make a mess that needs cleaning. Very low maintenance.

15. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I have about 10 plastic dart frogs hanging about my house, and I would have to say they by far are the easiest pets I have :p

16. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Yes the stuffed puppet IG that I own is by far the best reptile yet,lol. :p

17. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

There are "pets" out there that don't require much care at all! Merlin will remember them! They are called "pet rocks". They do not need heat, food, containers, cleaning up after. Just a little love and affection!:rolleyes::D;):cool:

18. schlegelbagel

I have a few stuffed frogs he can have. I seem to have too many and the dusting they all require is too much for me.

19. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Virtually any reptile is going to need a heat source. It comes with the territory.
    If you have a problem with having to have a heat source or UVB lighting perhaps you should look into something other than a reptile.

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yeah, and if you bang them together, they have babies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.