This Disappears When Logged In

New Owner in Need of Help

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by z3r0jimmy, Jun 3, 2013.

1. z3r0jimmy

z3r0jimmy Elite Member

Tiger, no she isn't that was the worst it got 4 days ago she barely shakes now it's very very minimal she would shake like that every half hour to an hour and it's been steadily decreasing since then and even when she does it's very slight and for maybe for up to 3 seconds. she hasn't shaken at all today but she's been wanting out of her cage so i gave her a little soak time and she wanted to roam on my chest and shoulder after i gave her a 1/4 of a blackberry

ok how can you test the poop at home?? and i have both with and without D3. the calcium without d3 i mix a very small amount in her water and the calcium with D3 i put with her food as well as dusting the crickets with them. the crickets as well have a diet with Fluker's as well which contain .6% phosphorus and the zoomed juvenile food contains .5% phosphorous

2. z3r0jimmy

z3r0jimmy Elite Member

and i just saw her over exaggerate a hunt for a cricket.....she tackled and rolled for it.....interesting

3. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

To test poop at home you need the right equiptment including the microscope, slides and test kit. For years I worked for the director of a medical lab program and the school changed microscopes and I bought mine really cheap. College students in some fields are also required to purchase them...and will often sell them cheap. Mine is a binocular compound microscope with 100x all the way up to 1250x. Then Fecasol and the test kits w/ slides.

LOL they are comedians..and btw if you look around you can find the pre paid kits to get it tested too but I dont like those.

4. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Did you mention your fiance put crickets in with her overnight? Try not to leave crickets in their enclosure overnight hun. Crickets are nocturnal.. Dragons are asleep.. Crickets can cause bites and issues pestering the dragon while they should be sleeping. Iv heard horror stories about them actually attacking the beardies eyes at night for their moisture.. Could this be an urban myth? I don't wanna find out. lol. Another thought is perhaps the food she is eating is too big for her intestinal track. Try smaller pieces of food and smaller insects. She could just be having a hard time keeping up with what she is digesting too. Id agree with the fecal exam. After working for pet stores in my youth and visiting them often now.. their caresheets are for temporary housing only. they stuff 7-9 baby beardies in a 3.5 gallon tank and had a mister going over them and the substrate was soggy coconut fiber. I kid you not. I about went postal. the manager is used to me calling her . But at least some changes are being made and today I was offered a job lol. hang in there. May

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its true and not just the eyes. If you are leaving crickets in, uneaten, put in some pieces of carrot or potato for the crickets to nibble on instead of your dragon.
    But its preferable not to have them in there at all.

6. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I agree^. The only reptiles I ever leave crickets in for overnight are some of my nocturnals, and that's only because that's when they normally hunt. And yes, a piece of potato or cricket food is left in there as well. For diurnal reptiles, there's no need to leave crickets roaming after lights out.

7. z3r0jimmy

z3r0jimmy Elite Member

yea we try not to leave them in overnight but sometimes one or two linger around hiding somewhere and in the morning we find one in her mouth or her chasing one but she seems more active at night versus the day

8. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

carrots work too. A small baby carrot will drawn crickets also.

9. z3r0jimmy

z3r0jimmy Elite Member

thanks to everyone who gave me advice and guidance...today i got new things for my little baby thanks to some insurance money from a car accident i was in last year :) and someone looks happy for more room too and can't stop running around everywhere:)

IMG_0899.jpg IMG_0902.jpg