This Disappears When Logged In

New Mom To A Red Eyed Crocodile Skink!

Discussion in 'Skinks' started by Shannah, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Shannah

Shannah Member

IMG_3072.JPG IMG_3075.JPG IMG_3077.JPG IMG_3082.JPG Good morning everyone! I am new here to the forums, as well as reptiles! After being in the fish hobby for a while, I've been itching for a new hobby! Reptiles!

I recently went to Repticon this weekend, in search for one thing! Red eyed crocodile skink. Luckily, I got the last red eyed skink in the building! (Man... these things are HARD to find, unless theres a show/convention going on).

Anyways, I've got him set up in a good home, temp stays 70-80, & humidity stays at 80% most of the time, & sometimes drops down to 60%, which I'm trying to find out a way to get that humidity up to 100%

However, I notice he barely moves ALL day, I've only had him for about 2 days, so I'm not sure if he's exhausted from his trip home, or if he's just lazy! I know red eyed crocs aren't known to do much at all, I just want to make sure my skink is healthy!

One more thing, I also know that these skinks don't like to be handled much as they get stressed out. He does freeze up when I pick him up, but eventually he falls asleep in my hand (has happened more than once), which almost makes me think he's comfortable w/ me & doesn't mind to be held?! I'm not sure, so if anyone has any insight on these perfect little creatures, please feel free to reply! Also, I've attached sleeping pictures, does anyone know why his eyelid has that grey looking spot over it?
    Thank you for your time