This Disappears When Logged In

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by lukus, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukus

lukus Member

Hi everyone, I am planning on buying a fat tail and wanted to haunt the forum a bit and learn all I can before getting one. I have 4 Leopard geckos now Jimmy, Gem, Jewel and Jazz, all are female. (Jimmy was supposed to be male and surprised me) I've been told the fat tails are pretty much the same to take care of and justwant to be sure.
    lukus:)

2. The D

The D Mango Empress

Welcome to HC! i dont keep fat tails myself but they're awesome little guys, i'm sure more experienced keepers will be along to answer any questions you might have :)

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Hi and welcome to Herpcenter.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Hello and welcome to the HCN. Great to have you join us.

5. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to HC Network....As far as care, they are pretty close to Leos and I believe they need a bit more humidity....good luck finding one and post pics when you get it!!

6. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

My friend had a pair back a few years ago. They are insanely easy to care for. Have you tried asking Google for a caresheet on them? Look up a few and kind of average them out (or take the mode), that works well for me.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HerpCenter!

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Welcome to the HC Network!

9. lukus

lukus Member

Thanks everyone, I did google it so I've got a lot of reading to do! Thanks

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Hi Lukus, welcome to HC.

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center :) Fat-tails are similar to leos in both appearance and care, but as mentioned, they need higher humidity. Their habitat in the wild is rather dry, but they hide in humid burrows. I know there are fat-tail keepers around here somewhere, I'm sure some of them could give you more first-hand info on their care.

12. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Hello lukus,

Welcome to Herp Center! Glad to have you here!

13. jengal

jengal Elite Member

Hi Lukus,

I have two leopard geckos, and just got two AFTs today, so I'm also working on getting the care distinctions right. I had an AFT in the past, but she died of stomatitis. I can admit that it was partially my fault because I was such a novice, but the vet did an abominable job of treating her and educating me, so my guilt burden is not excessive.

Anyway, did you find some? How's it going?

Jennifer Gal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.