This Disappears When Logged In

New Member to the Family: Dracarys!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by SpookyCheerios, Aug 16, 2012.

1. SpookyCheerios

SpookyCheerios Elite Member

I do, I feed 3 times a day, as much as he will eat for 10-15 mins each time. I have since I got him.

2. SpookyCheerios

Dracarys has gotten very grumpy since he finished his tail. He is always pawing at his tank like he wants to go out (his temps are perfect) but then he doesn't want to be held. I realize he is curious and wants to explore, but he is just so small and would easily get lost in our place. What have you guys done to let them fulfill their needs to go out and explore?

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

How big is his enclosure?

4. SpookyCheerios

He's in a 40gal breeder. I'm getting him some more stuff for the tank today because the reptile store is having a big sale and we have store credit ^^. I'll be getting him a bigger piece of white driftwood and probably a hammock and rock. He has a half log now, and a smallish piece of driftwood, but it goes high enough for him to bask.

5. SpookyCheerios

His tank stand was finally finished today and his tank has been moved from the living room coffee table to the kitchen and he seems very happy! If he moves to the front of his tank he can also peer into mine and my bf's room and I can lean forward and peer in to check on him ^^. We got him more crickets today because he ate about 225 in the past 3 days xD We also got him a reptile hammock and a few flat stones to make stairs up to the hammock.

Oh! Brought him out to the reptile store with us today so the breeder could see how his colors are changing (he gets more red/orange each day!) and found out that dracarys loves car rides! His colors were very bright and his belly and chin were nice and creamy the whole ride there! Our little adventure man!

6. mld

Sounds like he is adjusting very well! Glad to hear that he has a great appetite too :) they are eating and pooping machines

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They do seem to have difficulty understanding the concept of clear glass.
    I can see through it so I should be able to walk through it.

8. SpookyCheerios

Yeah, makes sense. I have 3 sides covered and it's only the front side he does it to. We've been taking him outside with us when we walk down to the store and stuff so that he gets some real sunlight. I know he has a uvb light and that it gives him what he needs, but I still feel personally that you can't beat a good dosage of authentic sunlight. He seems to like it too, his colors always look the brightest when we take him out.

9. SpookyCheerios

Guess we're getting ready for another shed already! I almost as soon as he finished shedding his body his tail began to get dull colored again xD I swear, his tail color and body color will never match at this rate!

10. mld

When they are young they are growing so fast, so it will seem like there is always one part of the body in shed. When they reach adult size, they will shed less often. Then you'll be wondering why is he not shedding as often :)

11. SpookyCheerios

It's funny because his colors are SO bright that when one part is shedding it just stands out that much more. I love when his feet shed right before his torso and he has these bright red feet and a pale body. last time I just looked at him and went "Oh, I see you got some new socks!" I'm amazed at how much his color changes with each shed.

12. makdawg917

makdawg917 Elite Member

He sounds too cute :x I am so happy for you guys and that you are able to give a happy home and lots of love to Dracarys!

13. SpookyCheerios

IMG_0432.jpg

Bath time!

His colors are always the brightest during outside time or bath time. It amazes me how fast his colors have changed in just the few weeks we've had him!