This Disappears When Logged In

New Member/owner Of 6 Reptiles

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Boxraddict, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Boxraddict

Boxraddict Active Member

Hello Herpers

I am a new member from Florida and proud owner of a russian tortoise, 1 crested gecko, 2 leopard geckos, 1 bearded dragon and 1 blue tongue skink.

I hope to own a veiled chameleon next, in fact, while doing research on chameleons is what led me to find this forum.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC! Veileds are pretty cool. We snatched one up a few months back to add to our array of critters.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome. I figured in Florida all you had to do was go outside to see herps.

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!

5. Boxraddict

Boxraddict Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

We have lizards that resemble anoles and heck may be wild anoles I am not sure, gopher tortoises, turtles and amphibians all around us, oh and snakes, mostly non-venomous but you will get the occasional rattler, the reason I keep my grass and weeds mowed short and don't leave the dogs out in the yard unattended. Or my russian tortoise either who I let run around in the sun 1-3x a week.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Florida has tons of Anoles. The native greens (which can change color between green and brown depending on their mood)

They also have non native brown anoles (any that have patterns on them, roughly the same size as the greens. as well as Cuban Knight Anoles, which are much larger, and usually have a bright yellow stripe on their shoulder.

There is a lot of good field herping to do in FL. I used to live in Sanford.

Qwerty3159 likes this.