This Disappears When Logged In

New - Just Saying Hey ;)

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Sinlightened, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinlightened

Sinlightened Elite Member

Hey Folks,
    I've enjoyed trolling HC for a while now, but haven't posted since anything I had any knowledge about had promptly been answered =) but that's a reason I fell in love with these forums! Anyway, I'm just bored at work right now but planning on taking some new pictures of Dr. Gonzo, my yearling ball, when I get home so I'll be sure to post those!

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Welcome, glad you joined. Enjoy your stay.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Welcome to Herpcenter. Glad you decided to join :)

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to HC! :)
    I look forward to seeing pics of Dr. Gonzo.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome!
    Glad you decided to come in out of the dark!

7. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Hi there, looking forward to the pictures.

8. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

9. Sinlightened

Apparently my girlfriend lost the camera during our recent move, so I was forced to take them with my iPhone >.< . But oh well... Here he is! Don't mind the messy wiring.. we just moved in. The cage behind him is about to become his feeding cage as soon as the custom wire top for the new one I ordered comes in.
    =)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Welcome! Dr. Gonzo is stunning!:) Tell me about moving, we are still sorting things out and we moved in December!:p

11. Maya

Maya Elite Member

His head looks so clean cut, has he just shed or just that he has very fine features. I see that he is off to explore.

12. angrykitten

angrykitten Elite Member

Welcome! Dr Gonzo is beautiful! How old is he?

13. Sinlightened

He's actually due for a shed, he's just naturally that handsome =), his previous owner, who only had him for a few months, didn't really know how old he was. My guess is about a year now, as I've had him for about 9 months.

14. David McConley

Just out of curiosity- was he named for Dr. Gonzo Gates from the show Trapper John M.D.? It's the only Dr. Gonzo I know of. I know I am showing my age-43 years. He really is quite a looker, I love ball pythons, as well as any other snake.

15. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LOL don't feel bad Dave, I'm 43 also and remember that show well :p

16. David McConley

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the back up- us "old folks" have to stick together, when the deafening sounds of our creaking bones afford us the opportunity.

17. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LMAO Sooooo true ;)

18. Sinlightened

Actually Dr. Gonzo was a nickname for Hunter S. Thompson, referring to his form of Journalism and the way he threw himself into the story. I just liked the name, and considering he is my first actual pet reptile (aside from a handfull of garters I caught and kept as a child) everything revolves around him =) . I've fostered a few over the last couple years, but always adopted them out to new owners, but now my current girlfriend loves Gonzo, she actually got him for me! So she's a keeper =).

19. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL NOW you are showing your age!
    I'd wager 75% of this forum have absolutely no idea who you are talking about!

20. David McConley

Thanks for clearing that up. As Merlin said I am one of the 75% who has not heard of him. But you can bet I will be doing more research on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.