This Disappears When Logged In

New Iguana Set-Up Help

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by juniorsmama, Aug 21, 2009.

1. juniorsmama

juniorsmama Active Member

can anyone explain to me why junior likes to sleep on top of his food?

2. Ace

Ace Elite Member

There really isn't an explainaton for it I have had some that do and some that don't. Is his food under his basking light? That might contribute to it whenever mine has though I just figure its because he is too fat and lazy to climb back up lol!

3. juniorsmama

lol no it a little lower than the basking spot, lol maybe he is lazy. I mean he eats and then he goes to the water and lays in it then he climbs out the water and lays on top of his food to sleep. lol

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Maybe it is just comfortable because it is soft. Iguanas like to lay on soft things - I think that is part of why Tito likes his rope so much. Try putting a little pillow or some socks or something in there for him to lay on and see if he lays on that instead...?

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Yeah That would make sense I never thought about it like that, my old iguana had a silk pillow I made for him and he loved it!

6. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

haha My little sister Loves sewing (I HATE it) so I convinced her to make Tito a pillow for Christmas! :D hehe :)

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I just wish my ig will lay on top of his pillow instead of under the pillow.:(

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Linky, your ig feels secure under the pillow right now. it will pass.

9. juniorsmama

lol don't feel bad ok junior is wiiierd he sleeps on his food ..and then tday I went crazy looking all over his enclosure for him and guess where he was!! under a decoration rock which he normally stands on I don't understand how he got there! and the funny thing is that I lift up the rock and he just stares at me laying there like begging me to put the rock bak down so I did lol he is beautiful..