This Disappears When Logged In

New Iguana, Could Use Some Help!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Steveho73, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Oh I am so sorry for your loss! You went above and beyond. Unfortunately I went through a simular situation but with a rescued CWD. So I feel your pain. You did a great thing, remember that! And Zilla is in a better place.

2. hewey

hewey Active Member

I have been reading this thread. I am sorry for your loss. I think you did all you could.
    Sean

3. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi Steve-

First of all, I'm really sorry that you and your wife had to go through all of that with her. I know exactly how it is and I know how incredibly emotional it can be. Please know that you did the right thing in making that decision. You had already done so much for her, I clearly understand your thought process. I too have had to make that difficult decision, even with other people's Iguanas. It's very logical, but never easy.

Zilla is most certainly in a better place now, climbing in the Rainbow Tree, surrounded by wonderfully healthy things to eat, in the gloriously healthy sunshine, with no pain or suffering, watching down on you and your wife and feeling love for all the things you did to help her. She'll wait for you there, waiting to be reunited with you at some point.

Please go here and read about the Rainbow Tree and Honoring the Green:
    Honor The Green

We can honor her by teaching other about Iguana care requirements. Explaining what happens when they are not cared for properly and educating them on how to do things right. This is her legacy. This is how her death can mean life to another Iguana. Let's continue on with our knowledge and share it with others as much as possible.

And a final thought on this topic Steve. You really did go far and above what most people would do in this situation. It was costly financially and emotionally and you never complained. You are a star among reptile keepers! And as Merlin said so perfectly, you have our condolences and tremendous respect.

Please stay with us at Herp Center and share your other reptiles with us. I for one, am glad we got to know each other.

4. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I echo the condolences and respect. *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.